About the AB 1825 California Law
- • California AB 1825 Law requires all companies with 50 employees or more to provide a sexual harassment prevention training course to all supervisory employees within 6 monts of being hired or promoted.
- • Training must be at least 2 hours in duration and must be interactive. Instructor-led training or online courses are accepted as valid.
- • Effective January 1st, 2020, employees with 5 or more employees must offer training to both supervisory and non-supervisory employees within 6 months.
- • Supervisor training must be at least 2 hours in duration, and non-supervisor training must be 1 hour in duration. Training must be interactive. Instructor-led training or online courses are accepted as valid.
- • The 5 or more employee rule includes FT & PT employees, such as contractors.
- • As of January 1, 2015, companies are also required to include prevention of abusive conduct in the sexual harassment prevention training curriculum.